Thursday, July 8, 2010

Episode 47 - Froggin'





On the Needles
Eunice
-Wollmeise 100% in Pesto WD
-US 2 (2.75 mm) Signature dpns
-Beginning the toe decreases

Green Phase socks
-Trekking XXL in 401
-US 1 (2.25 mm) over 72 stitches
-Working out the foot

A Trip to the Frog Pond
Gaia Shoulder Hug
-Just couldn't stand working with the Noro. I want to enjoy my knitting and the scratchiness of the Noro wasn't letting me do that.

New Traditions Baby Blanket
-The night-shift house supervisor at work talked me out of the craziness that would have been weaving in all the ends. The yarn will be repurposed into a modified Moderne Baby Blanket.

On the Wheel
CMF superwash merino in Blue Suede Shoes
-Plied!, but still needs the twist set.
-approximately 585 yards of 3-ply light fingering weight yarn

Events
Tour de Fleece
-still going until July 25

Notes:
I forgot to include the link to the bronze cable needles last week. They're from Celtic Swan Forge!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Karin! I enjoyed your show again. I was the one admiring your Woolee Winder at the Des Moines' Knit In. (If you will remember). Anyway, I recently got one for my Lendrum, and love it! Your recommendation (bundled with many others) helped make my decision. Anyway - just wanted to drop a note to say thanks....and that I really enjoy your vidoecasts. See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Blue Suede Shoes spun up beautifully. I love all blues, and that is so pretty. Ditto on the Noro Kureyon, I got a splinter the last time I knit with it 8-{

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree! I'm over Noro and being wooed by Mini Mochi. I cringed a little when you showed us the blanket kit because I hate fiddly. There are a few other great, simple blankets on Ravelry if you go to the Moderne and hit the experiment button.
    Thanks for reinforcing that we must enjoy the knitting as well as the product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also nodding my head in agreement! I love the colors of Noro, but I draw the line at Kureyon! Also, glad you are going rouge on the blanket, I was not a fan of the pattern. Have you thought about doing a log cabin? That way it's something new and different from the modern baby blanket.

    Love the spinning! I am working toward a 3 ply fingering weight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Blue Suede Shoes = GORGEOUS!!!

    You should take some photos of your stash room so that after the makeover you can show off "before" and "after" pictures. Although, you know we wouldn't judge you if you showed it to us now! :-)

    ReplyDelete